Cause: If you get the following error when running the application on the device or during login through the Verivo Test Page, it is because the provider has not been either installed, or registered on the machine.
Resolution: Install and register the relevant provider on your AppServer.
- Open a browser search engine, and search the provider mentioned in the error. For example, if the provider mentioned is an IBMDBDBA provider, search for “IBMDDBA provider install”. Download and install this provider, then make sure you have registered it on your local machine.
- Once downloaded, register the provider. Open the command prompt and type the following (example uses a 32-bit machine. If you are on a 64-bit machine, make sure you install the correct 64-bit version of the provider and change the command prompt accordingly:
regsvr32.exe /c "C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\ibmdadb2.dll"
You should see a success message.
3. Make sure both the ASP.NET and user accounts on the system have READ, WRITE, EXECUTE, and LIST FOLDER CONTENTS privileges on the provider directory on the machine which is running our application.
4. In IIS under the Application Pool settings, under Advance Settings – “Enable 32-Bit Applications” must be set to “True” (the setting must be made for new servers because it is disabled by default). If you change this setting, recycle this application pool and then refresh the virtual directory.
5. Make sure Network Service or your Application Pool Identity has full control on our plugin.dll as well as the rest of the applications contents.