Cause: Common use cases include the following:
- User does not have internet access, wireless signal has been turned off, or the device is in low signal coverage.
- The Network, Database, Web Service, or BlackBerry server is down.
Resolution: To resolve this issue follow the steps below:
- Verify that the user has connectivity. To do this, check your device’s network connection settings and confirm you are connected to a network.
- Confirm that your network has a strong signal.
- Open your application settings and note the URL you are using to connect to your app.
- Verify that the user can hit the Test Page on the device by using the URL obtained in step 3.
- Verify the user can navigate to external web sites by opening the device’s browser.
- Verify that the AppServer, Database Server, or BES (BlackBerry) is running and responding.
Note: In some instances, this error can occur due to our deprecated dashboard entity being mapped to the dashboard screen. To resolve this, a new entity needs to be created along with a new screen. This screen would then need to be enabled as the Startup Screen in the Screen Properties > Display Properties.
- Here is a KB article that shows you how to hit the Test Page (from step 4 above):
- Additional troubleshooting Blackberry connectivity can be found here: