On September 13, 2016, Apple released their latest OS, iOS 10. The new OS introduced a number of interesting features to improve and enhance the end user experience.
Over the summer, Apple released a series of beta releases that Appery used to test with AppStudio. After extensive testing of the beta releases, as well as the Golden Master release, we are happy to report that we have completed our testing of AppStudio v8 against the iOS 10 Golden Master release and no code changes were required for any of the AppStudio v8 components, including the app server, the database, the client and the AppStudio platform itself, with one exception. Those users leveraging Good Dynamics require a new Good Dynamics SDK. We have worked directly with our Good Dynamic customers.
A couple important things to consider when upgrading to iOS 10:
- Appery completed all testing on AppStudio v8. No testing against iOS 10 was completed with versions prior to AppStudio v8. All customers should consider upgrading to AppStudio v8, if they have done so already.
- AppStudio v8 is the certified version for both iOS 9 and iOS 10.
- While AppStudio does not require any component upgrades (provided you are running AppStudio v8), it is strongly recommended that you thoroughly test your AppStudio app with iOS 10 in a test environment. Your specific app may require minor configuration changes due to Apple's new OS.
- Finish your testing of your app with iOS 10 prior to giving the green light for your end users to upgrade their devices.
- With the release of iOS 10, Apple dropped support for devices with an A5 chip, which includes iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini (1st generation) and iPod Touch (5th generation). The minimum supported iPhone is the iPhone 5 and the minimum supported iPad is the iPad 4th Generation.
In the event you encountered an issue you feel is related to iOS 10, please report it to the Support Team immediately for investigation.